At a public sale at Charleston, West Virginia, on October 15, 1887, Ex-Governor Hamilton bought the iron ore property known as the Virginia ore bank, owned by Q. P. Ahl and situated 2 miles above Harper’s Ferry. The tract contains 90 acres and brought $142.50 per acre. This tract has been connected with the Antietam iron works in Maryland for many years an which the Governor purchased recently. He also purchased the government claim, covering the right to mine ore on 1600 acres in the vicinity of Harper’s Ferry.
No evidence analysis information has been cataloged for this piece of evidence yet.